Unstable Unicorns is the Awesome Card Game of Destructive Unicorns Gone Rogue!
The Unstable Unicorns card game raised an amazing $1.8 million dollars when it launched on Kickstarter. There can only be one reason for that…..this game is awesome! Unstable Unicorns and its expansion packs can be enjoyed over and over again by outwitting your opponents, exploring new worlds, and sharing good times with family and friends.
Unstable Unicorns is now a second edition strategic game that includes all new cards and something for every one; complete destruction and unicorns. You start with a baby unicorn. Cute right? Maybe, but even the baby unicorns are not safe in this game. Collect from over 20 magical unicorns, each with their own special power.
Build your army of one horned horses as fast as you can or you will be destroyed by someone who claims to be your friend. You can protect your stable by using your Magic Sound. Unless of course, someone has a “Neigh” card that sends the game into MADNESS!
The objective of the game is to collect as many unicorns as you can to be victorious and your inadequate friends will kneel in humility at your boastful victory!
You can purchase expansion packs to enhance the game that we will discuss below.
Unstable Unicorns Rules
How to deal the cards
When you open the Unstable Unicorn base game you should have three sets of cards; White backed cards, Black backed cards, and Reference cards. Make sure to always shuffle to destroy the evil plans of any would be cheater.
1. Give each player one of the White backed Baby Unicorn cards. Then, place the remainder face down in the middle of the players. This stack is known as the Nursery
2. Now deal 5 of the Black backed cards to each player. Place remainder stack in the middle of the players. This stack is known as the Draw Pile.
3. Now each player gets a reference card to remove any excuses of forgetting the rules (aka cheating)!
How to Play Unstable Unicorn
The person most dressed like a unicorn (brightly colored) goes first and turns are taken clockwise from there. The game is played in rounds and each turn is made up of four phases.
1. Look to your reference card for the words “Beginning of your turn” do the action it states first.
2. The draw phase is just as it states, draw a card from the pile. A trained monkey can make it this far.
3. The action phase is where you play a card from your hand or draw an additional card. The trained monkey may have a confused look on his face at this point but we are pretty sure he can get this done.
4. The fourth phase is the end of your turn. Hope you played it well! Just make sure you don’t exceed the hand limit of 7 cards or they will go to the Discard Pile.
Rinse and repeat for additional turns.
To win, you need to achieve the most Unicorns in your stable. For those of you playing with 2-5 players, you need 7 Unicorns to win, those playing with 6-8 players, you need to achieve 6 Unicorns in your stable.
Unstable Unicorns Card Types
Instant Cards: Can be played at any time and usually stops someone from playing a card. Once played, this cards goes into the Discard Pile.
Upgrade Cards: Upgrade your stable. You can apply this card to anyone including yourself.
Downgrade Cards: Use this card to give someone a negative effect.
Magic Cards: Play this card on your own terms to create Mayhem. Once played, this card goes into the Discard Pile.
Magical Unicorn Cards: Place this card in your Stable for magic!
Basic Unicorn Cards: Place this card in your Stable.
Baby Unicorn Cards: Each player starts with a Baby Unicorn. You can only summon more by using special cards.
Unstable Unicorns NSFW Base Game
Mix the strategic Unstable Unicorn Card Game with the addition of destroying your friends with horrifying, yet hilarious, way and you get the NSFW version. The rules and strategy are the same just more adult in nature.
The NSFW version contains 135 cards and a rule book and features a magnetic closure. There are instructions to adapt the rules for more adult entertainment or play it as is. It is also fully compatible with any expansion pack.
The Unstable Unicorn Card Game is the game that keeps on giving with the development of these expansion packs.
Dragons Expansion Pack
Dragons Expansion Pack is designed to be added to your Unstable Unicorns Card Game (or Unstable Unicorns NSFW Card Game). This pack includes dragon-themed characters, magic cards, upgrades, and downgrades. This highly giftable expansion pack contains 54 cards and is recommended for ages 14+.
NSFW Expansion Pack
NSFW Expansion Pack is designed to be added to your base card game or NSFW base card game. This pack includes NSFW characters, magic cards, upgrades, and downgrades for people with dirty minds. This highly giftable expansion pack contains 54 cards and is for ages 21+.
Rainbow Apocalypse Expansion Pack
Rainbow Apocalypse Pack: 54 card expansion pack with tuck box. Kill your enemies with kindness… Or a massive plague. This expansion pack contains 27 adorably destructive cards and 27 that are full of apocalyptic mayhem!!
Unicorns of Legends Expansion Pack
Unicorns of Legend Expansion Pack is designed to be added to your base card game (or NSFW base Card Game). This pack includes fantasy-themed characters, magic cards, upgrades, and downgrades for explorers and adventurers.
This highly giftable expansion pack contains 54 cards and is recommended for ages 14+.
Where to Buy the Awesome Card Game Of Betrayal
Didn't find the right price? Set price alert below
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at Amazon.
- At amazon.com you can purchase Unstable Unicorns Card Game - A Strategic Card Game & Party Game for Adults & Teens (2ND Edition with New Cards!) for only $20.00
- The lowest price of Unstable Unicorns Card Game - A Strategic Card Game & Party Game for Adults & Teens (2ND Edition with New Cards!) was obtained on January 23, 2020 12:43 PM.